Verizon wireless will charge a convenience fee of two dollars if a customer makes single bill payments over the phone or online. This fee will be effective on January 15, 2012. According to Verizon’s statement, you can avoid paying the fee if you following one of the following payment option.
- Electronic check online (My Verizon Online, My Verizon Mobile/Handset).
- Electronic check via telephone.
- Enrollment in AutoPay using credit/debit/ATM card or electronic check
- Online from the customer’s home-banking service provider website
- Credit/debit/ATM card, electronic check or cash at a Bill Payment Kiosk, Panel or with a representative at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store
- Use of a Verizon Wireless Gift Card or Verizon Wireless device Rebate Card to pay a bill in-store, online or by telephone
- Paper check or money order mailed to the VZW remit address on customer’s bill
The fee will be waived if you use one of options mentioned above to pay your bill. We suggest the following:
- Payment through check: If you are used to make payment using your bank account (debit card, cheque, etc), enroll with your bank for free bill payment service and ask to pay your bill on a specific date of the month.
- Online payment by credit/debit card: Enroll with Verizon to pay your bill on a specific day of the month. You need to keep your card registered with them and watch so that the card stays active.
If you follow one of the steps explained above, you will be able to avoid the newly imposed fee and save money indirectly.